Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Belfast, Part Two: Photo Dump

Based on reactions I got from Dubliners when I told them that I was going to Belfast, it seems that The Troubles is responsible for giving people the idea that Belfast is far too dangerous to visit.  But if I can go there and enjoy myself without getting into something bad, I think it's safe to assume that anyone can.  Honestly, Belfast is a really great city.  Which is why I'm sad to say this post is going to be a cop-out:  I don't have the energy to write a bunch, so I'm just going to post some pictures.  This first set is from the Botanic Gardens, Ulster Museum, and Queens University.
















These next pictures are from the International Christmas Market, which is held in front of Belfast City Hall every year for a few weeks leading up to Christmas.  It's open until 10 every night and has a bunch of food, drink, and art stands.




Beer tent





Pig roast






And these last pictures are from around Belfast.

Albert Clock






River Lagan



Thanksgiving Square


Typo?




Grand Opera House




No comments:

Post a Comment