Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm currently in Belfast, Northern Ireland and wanted to make a brief Thanksgiving post, but was struggling to make some sort of connection between the city and the holiday.  Then, I realized that Van Morrison was born in Belfast and on Thanksgiving night, 1976, he joined The Band at their 'The Last Waltz' concert in San Francisco for an awesome rendition of his song, "Caravan."  So, here's a video of the performance:



To everyone back in the States, Happy Thanksgiving and be thankful for those around you that make a difference,  big or small, in your life.  While it's got its advantages, traveling alone has made me re-realize how thankful I am for all of you--my family and friends who have helped (and continue to help) shape me into the person I am today. 

Enjoy the long weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Eric:

    Well said! I hope you can find an appropriate Thanksgiving meal to help you celebrate the holiday. Wait a minute - what am I saying - you'll probably have to settle for Bangers and Mash - or worse yet - Bubbles and Squeaks! Have a pint of Guinness for me - and don't drink it until the beer is ready.

    We all miss you and are counting the days until you get back to the Burg...

    Love - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Your "be thankful" message got me choked up while reading it to the Zrebiec's today. I loved your message and can't wait for you to be home to celebrate Christmas with all of us and share a toast over Mom's legendary Christmas morning breakfast.

    Last night Meryl, Meredith, Matt, Conor, Brad, Stypula, Dan, Grant and myself all went to Pomodoro for the Night before Thanksgiving party. We all missed you very much and Jimi is looking forward to your return to Pomodoro.

    I hope that you are able to find a tasty Thanksgiving meal today, which doesn't look like it should be too hard based off of your posted pictures.

    Meredith drove your car this week and everything is running just fine, FYI.

    Happy Thanksgiving. I miss you and can't wait to see you on the 15th!

    Love,

    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  3. sam's post was made at 8:02.

    i think that's awesome. mostly because he stayed up past his bedtime.

    ReplyDelete